Saturday, November 17, 2018
Join Us - or Renew Your Membership!
You can now JOIN or RENEW your MACA Membership Online!
Membership is $30. Payment is accepted by VISA, MASTERCARD or AMERICAN EXPRESS, made possible by the Federation of Ontario Cottage Associations (FOCA).
It's easy! To renew or join, click here:
You will be directed to a secure FOCA page where you can pay for your MACA membership by credit card.
As always, you can still renew and pay by mail. click here to download the MACA Membership Form and send it with your $30 membership fee to the address on the form. Or feel free to contact our Membership Director, Phyllis McCulloch for more information.
The Miskwabi Area Community Association serves residents and cottagers on Long, Miskwabi, Negaunee and Wenona Lakes.
For a modest $30 annual membership fee, you get a lot of value added. MACA has a very active and involved Board of Directors.
In addition to news regarding developments on topical events and key issues, conveyed via MACA's frequent newsletters, other benefits of membership include:
- participation in the July Annual General Meeting, and its attendant opportunity to voice your opinions and concerns to MACA's board, fellow members, local politicians and other officials, and to be informed by expert guest speakers on numerous topics of interest. A barbecue following the AGM also enables you to buttonhole directors and mingle with fellow members;
- research and lobbying into various areas of interest and concern, initiated and conducted by MACA's board of directors and area representatives;
- an ecologically-friendlier environment resulting from such MACA-initiated events as cleanup weekends, loon-nest installations, water-testing and so-on;
- other MACA initiatives, such as consultations and exchange of information and documentation with directors of other Cottagers' Associations and the Federation of Ontario Cottagers Associations (FOCA), on issues of mutual interest;
- the chance to meet and chat with fellow cottagers at the annual Wine and Cheese Party in late summer.
Webmaster for MYMACA.NET: Andy Mosher