Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Join Us - or Renew Your Membership!
The Miskwabi Area Community Association serves residents and cottagers on Long, Miskwabi, Negaunee and Wenona Lakes.
For a modest $30 annual membership fee, you get a lot of value added. MACA has a very active and involved Board of Directors.
In addition to news regarding developments on topical events and key issues, conveyed via MACA's frequent newsletters, other benefits of membership include:
- participation in the July Annual General Meeting, and its attendant opportunity to voice your opinions and concerns to MACA's board, fellow members, local politicians and other officials, and to be informed by expert guest speakers on numerous topics of interest. A barbecue following the AGM also enables you to buttonhole directors and mingle with fellow members;
- research and lobbying into various areas of interest and concern, initiated and conducted by MACA's board of directors and area representatives;
- reduced rates on boating and other courses arranged by MACA;
- an ecologically-friendlier environment resulting from such MACA-initiated events as cleanup weekends, loon-nest installations, water-testing and so-on;
- other MACA initiatives, such as consultations and exchange of information and documentation with directors of other Cottagers' Associations and the Federation of Ontario Cottagers Associations (FOCA), on issues of mutual interest;
- the chance to meet and chat with fellow cottagers at the annual Wine and Cheese Party in late summer.
To join, just click on the link below to download a membership application form, and send it, with your $30 membership fee to the address on the form. Or feel free to contact our Membership Director, Phyllis McCulloch for more information.
Download MACA Membership Form Here.
(Adobe .PDF format)
Webmaster for MYMACA.NET: Andy Mosher